This guide will cover the basic steps of configuring the Shadowsocks manual connection with Surfshark on your macOS device. Let's get started!
- Visit this page and download macOS Shadowsocks client:
- Extract the zip file and you should see a file like in the screenshot below: Double-click it to run it.
- Now Shadowsocks icon should appear in the toolbar above, click on it and go to Servers -> Server Preferences... :
- Click a Plus sign to add a new server:
- Now, after you have done these steps, please visit Surfshark and log in to your account. You can find the direct link here.
In case this link doesn't work, please try this page instead
- Go to the VPN -> Manual setup -> Shadowsocks section. If you have not enabled Shadowsocks for your account, you will have to do so by pressing Activate Shadowsocks button.
- Now copy the Port and the Password and paste into the Shadowsocks client on your macOS.
- Make sure that the Encryption is selected as aes-256-gcm
- Now, select a server of your choice from the same page where you copied the credentials from and click on the Locations tab on top. Afterward, you have to copy the server domain, like in the screenshot below.
Then, open Terminal on your macOS device like in the screenshot below:
When it opens, text ping [insert the selected server domain] and when it finishes doing so, copy the IP address of the server.
Now paste it to the Address bar in the Shadowsocks client and click OK.
- Click on the Shadowsocks logo at the toolbar, click on Global Mode and then Turn Shadowsocks On. That's it, you are now connected with Shadowsocks client!