In this article, you will learn how to use the brand new Surfshark Antivirus on your Windows device.
Before we begin, make sure you have an active Surfshark subscription with the Antivirus package included. You can get one here.
Keep in mind that the Surfshark Antivirus requires Windows 10 or newer and 2GB of free disk space to run at full power.
- Open the Surfshark application, and select the Antivirus tab.
- Press on the Start your first scan button.
- In the next window, you will have two options - Full scan or a Quick scan. In case you are in a hurry - go for the Quick scan, but don't forget to do full scans from time to time!
- Once the scan is complete, you will see the number of files scanned and the overall duration of the scan. You will also know whether any threats have been found on your device.
- Once you select Go to dashboard, you will find some additional settings. Let's quickly go through them.
Scheduled scan - you can schedule an automatic scan for certain days at a specific time! Feel free to customize this feature the way you like. You can also disable the feature and perform the scans manually.
Exclude scan - you are free to choose what files or folders you want to scan. If you have a particular file or folder that you don't want to be scanned, add it to the exclude list.
Note: in case any threats have been found on your device, we highly recommend removing the files containing threats immediately to secure your device. You are able to do that directly through the Surfshark app.
Congratulations! Now you know how to use the Surfshark Antivirus on your Windows device!
You may also be interested in: