If you are located in one of the countries with internet restrictions and can not connect to the Surfshark VPN, you may want to try this:
Try manual VPN connection using other methods
Tunnelblick or OpenVPN profile on your device can be a great way to bypass internet restrictions if the Surfshark app cannot connect. You will still connect to Surfshark servers and get the same level of protection.
Choose your device and proceed to the manual VPN connection tutorial:
Adjusting the Surfshark app
- Try changing the protocol. Go to Settings -> Advanced -> Protocol and try connecting using different protocols.
- Try connecting to other servers. Try at least five different locations.
- Turn off other VPNs.
Try a manual VPN connection with the Surfshark app
If you have a Windows or Android device, you may want to try connecting manually.
- Here is the guide on how to connect manually using Windows
- And here is how to do that using Android.
You may also be interested in:
- How to make sure if my connection was successful?
- How to enable 2FA on your Surfshark account?
- How to set up IKEv2 connection on macOS?