Some countries tend to apply network restrictions and block certain connections. If you have noticed that you are unable to connect to Surfshark, internet censorship might be the reason. However, there are ways to bypass censorship and enjoy an open cyber ocean.
If you are located in one of the countries with internet restrictions and can not connect to the Surfshark VPN, you may want to try this:
- Adjusting the Surfhark app
- Manual VPN connection using the Surfshark app
- Manual VPN connection using OpenVPN/IKEv2
Adjusting the Surfshark app
- Try changing the protocol. Got to Settings -> Advanced -> Protocol and change try connecting using different protocols.
- Try connecting to other servers. Try at least five different locations.
- Turn off other VPNs.
Try a manual VPN connection with the Surfshark app.
If you have a Windows or Android device, you may want to try connecting manually.
- Here is the guide on how to connect manually using Windows
- And here is how to do that using Android.
Try manual VPN connection using other methods
Tunnelblick, OpenVPN, or the default IKEv2 VPN profile on your device can be a great way to bypass internet restrictions if Surfshark app is unable to connect. You will still connect to Surfshark servers and get the same level of protection.
Choose your device and proceed to the manual VPN connection tutorial:
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over a live chat or email.
You may also be interested in:
- How to make sure if my connection was successful?
- How to enable 2FA on your Surfshark account?
- How to set up IKEv2 connection on macOS?