In this article, you will learn what to do if you need to connect to Surfshark from countries with network restrictions.
We will go through the following steps:
- Setting up a manual VPN connection using third-party apps
- Adjusting the Surfshark app
- Setting up a manual VPN connection using the Surfshark app
Setting up a manual VPN connection using third-party apps
Using Tunnelblick or OpenVPN can be a great way to bypass internet restrictions if you can’t connect through the Surfshark app. You will still connect to Surfshark servers and get the same level of protection.
If you face issues connecting to Surfshark in China, please check our article on connecting from China.
Choose your device and proceed to the manual VPN connection tutorial:
Adjusting the Surfshark app
- Try changing the protocol. Go to Settings > VPN Settings > Protocol and try connecting using different protocols.
- Try connecting to other servers. Try at least five different locations.
- Turn off other VPNs.
Try a manual VPN connection with the Surfshark app
If you have a Windows, iOS or an Android device, you may want to try connecting manually via the Surfshark app. Check out the following articles:
- Connect manually via the Surfshark app on Windows
- Connect manually via the Surfshark app on Android
- Connect manually via the Surfshark app on iOS
You may also be interested in: