In this guide, we will shortly go through a few steps required for you to configure Shadowsocks protocol on your Windows operating system!
If you want to read more about Shadowsocks and what it is used for, feel free to check this guide!
- Visit this page and download the latest Windows Shadowsocks client:
- After downloading the zip file unzip it and you should have the Shadowsocks.exe on your screen. Simply run the client.
- After running it, it will appear in the system tray as shown in the screenshot below:
Or it will ask you to add a new server to it.
- Now, after you have done these steps, please visit Surfshark and log in to your account. You can find the link here.
In case this link doesn't work, please try this page instead
- Go to the VPN -> Manual setup -> Shadowsocks section. If you have not enabled Shadowsocks for your account, you will have to do so by pressing the Activate Shadowsocks button.
- Copy the Port and the Password.
- Now paste the Port and the password into the Shadowsocks client on your Windows.
- Now, select a server of your choice from the same Shadowsocks page, click on the Locations tab and get its IP address. To do so, you have to copy the server domain like in the screenshot below.
Then, open CMD on your windows device like in the screenshot below:
When it opens, text ping [insert the selected server domain] and when it finishes doing so, copy the IP address of the server.
- Now enter that IP address to the Shadowsocks client Server Addr box and click Apply and OK.
- Now to enable Shadowsocks, simply find it in your system tray and enable Global mode.
- You are done!