In this article, you will learn about the most common issue of why sometimes you cannot send or receive emails while connected to Surfshark.
Choose your mail application:
Open the Outlook application on your device.
On the Tools menu, click on Account Settings.
Select your email account from the list and click Change.
Select the E-mail Settings window, and click More Settings.
- Next, click the Outgoing Server tab and check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click on the Advanced tab and change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port. Try using SSL encryption combined with the 465.
- Open the Thunderbird client on your device.
- Select Account Settings from the Tools menu.
- Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- Click Add, and a new window will pop up.
- Change the port number to 465, and in the Connection Security line, select SSL.
Congratulations! Now you know why you are unable to send emails and how to troubleshoot the issue.
You may also be interested in: