Login issues can be frustrating. However, more often than not, they are caused by interrupted internet connection. Therefore, they can be solved one way or another.
Here you will find suggestions on how to solve:
- 'Too many login attempts' error
- Surfshark VPN app login issues
- Surfshark website login issues
- Surfshark browser extension login issues
Too many login attempts error
If you get this error, it's most likely that your IP address was temporarily blocked after several unsuccessful attempts to log in. Here is how you can solve this:
- If you are using a mobile device, change the network (switch from Wi-Fi to cellular data).
- If the error continues to happen when you connect to Surfshark VPN, disconnect from it, or switch to another server.
- Wait 10 minutes. Usually, an IP address is blocked for 10 minutes after several unsuccessful login attempts.
- If you are using a desktop device and this issue happens, try sharing a network connection from your mobile device to your desktop. Here is how you can do that.
- Restart your router. If you have a dynamic IP, most likely, you will be assigned a new IP address after that.
- Lastly, if none of the suggestions above seem to help, contact the Surfshark Customer Support agents - they will help you out.
Surfshark VPN app login issues
Here is what should help if you are unable to log in to your Surfshark app:
- If you have another VPN running, disconnect from it.
- Try to log in to your account at surfshark.com, and make sure your credentials are correct.
If your password turns out to be incorrect, you can reset it here.
To change your email address, contact the Surfshark Customer Support agents.
- If you are using a mobile device, change the network (switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data).
- Reinstall the Surfshark app, then restart your device and try to log in again.
Surfshark website login issues
If you can not log in to your account at surfshark.com, here is what you may try:
- If you are connected to Surfshark VPN when this issue happens, disconnect from it or connect to a different server.
- Try to log in on the Incognito (private browsing) mode of your browser. Normally you can launch the Incognito mode by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+N or CTRL+SHIFT+P on your keyboard.
Surfshark browser extension login issues
If you can not log in to your Surfshark browser extension, here is what should help:
- If you are connected to the VPN using the Surfshark VPN app, disconnect from it or connect to a different server.
- Remove the extension from your browser and reinstall it again.
Here is how to do that on Chrome
Here is how to do that on Firefox
If you have any further questions, or none of the suggestions above seem to solve this issue, our customer success team is here to help you 24/7 over a live chat or email.
You may also be interested in:
- How to make sure if my connection was successful?
- How to enable 2FA on your Surfshark account?
- How to use Surfshark Search?