Windows app is supported on Windows 7 and later versions (8, 8.1, 10).
In order to use our Windows app, you must have an active subscription for your account. To purchase a subscription you can go here.
Once you have an active subscription in place, you can go ahead and download our Windows app from this page.
- Once the download is finished, run Surfshark setup by double-clicking it.
- Surfshark installation wizard will pop up. Press Install.
- Follow on-screen instructions and wait until the setup finishes the installation.
- When installation finishes, click the Run button or double click the Surfshark app icon on your desktop.
- Once you open the app, you will be prompted to either create a new account or Log in using the existing credentials.
- We hope you already have an account and after you've clicked on Log in, you will need to type in your email address and a password and press enter.
- (optional) If you've enabled and set-up 2FA for your account, you will be prompted to enter a Two-factor authentication code.
- Once logged into the app, press 'Connect' for the app to select the best server for you.
- If your connection is successful, you should see the 'Connected' status.
To change your VPN server, click on the Locations button seen in the side menu. There you can find your Favorite servers and connect to Static IP servers if you wish to get the same IP address every time.
Alternatively, in the Locations tab, you can either let our app select a server for you based on speed or distance or you can choose any of the country gateways yourself.