If you want to achieve complete security online and maximize your Fire TV’s potential, set up Surfshark VPN now.
Here's a guide on how to install and connect and use the Surfshark VPN app on your Fire TV. Keep in mind that the first-generation Amazon Firestick does not support VPN connection.
Follow the steps below:
1. Click on the homepage of your Fire TV and navigate to the search bar.
2. Then type in "Surfshark" as shown in the screenshot below.
3. Click on the Surfshark app icon in the search results.
4. Click on the “Download” button to start downloading the application onto your Firestick device.
5. Once the installation is complete, you can either click "Open" or press the Burger menu symbol on your remote to launch the application.
6. Enter your registered email address and password.
7. Select a server you wish to connect to or use the quick connect feature which will choose the best one for you.
8. When connecting to a VPN server for the first time, accept the connection request in the pop-up window. This will allow the Surfshark app to run your network through the VPN tunnel.
9. Once the app connects to the preferred or the quick connect location, you will see a screen as in the picture below:
And it's as simple as that! You can now surf the open waters of the internet securely.
In the application settings you will see:
See the account email address;
Your current subscription plan;
CleanWeb™ feature which disables ads, trackers, and malware attempts on the website you visit;
Auto-connect feature- to start the connection upon booting the Fire TV;
Crash tracking and Analytics that will help Surfshark team react to any bugs fast. You have total control over that option.
If you are having some technical issues with our app on the FIrestick, try sideloading the Surfshark app. Follow this tutorial to see how that can be done.
Also, feel free to contact our Customer Success Sharks anytime and they will help you out!