Please note that some configurations may vary depending on the Linux distribution you are using.
- Open the terminal window (Ctrl + Alt + T).
- Install the necessary packages by entering the command:
sudo apt-get install openvpn unzip
- If you are requested to enter your password, please enter your computer's admin password.
- Navigate to OpenVPN directory by entering:
- Download Surfshark OpenVPN configuration files (or skip to step 8 if you need a specific country only):
sudo wget https://account.surfshark.com/api/v1/server/configurations
- Extract `configurations.zip`:
sudo unzip configurations
- Remove the .zip file which will not be used:
sudo rm configurations
- To see the list of all the available servers enter:
- Choose the server you wish to connect to:
- You can find the recommended server for you here https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manual.
- You may download specific country configurations here as well.
- Connect to Surfshark servers by entering:
sudo openvpn [file name]
sudo openvpn us-dal.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn
sudo openvpn /etc/openvpn/us-dal.prod.surfshark.com_udp.ovpn
- OpenVPN will ask you for credentials, so simply enter those in with your Surfshark service credentials which you can find here https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manual.
- You have successfully connected to Surfshark! To disconnect from the OpenVPN connection simply open terminal and press Ctrl + C on your keyboard. If you want to disconnect from another terminal window enter sudo killall openvpn.