This tutorial will show you how to set up the Enigma2 or Zgemma with Surfshark.
At first, you will need to get Surfshark service credentials. Those are the credentials, different from the ones that you use to log in to our website or the app. To find them, go to the login page of our website here, and log in.
Once you log in, go to VPN -> Manual setup -> Router and select the Credentials tab. You will find your service credentials there.
On the same page, tap Files on top of the page. you will find configuration files of all our servers. You will need a configuration file to connect to our server. Choose your preferred location and download the file.
Choose the UDP protocol, unless you prefer TCP.
- Open the downloaded .ovpn configuration file with your preferred text editor. We recommend using WordPad (built-in Windows text editor) or NotePad++ (third-party text editor).
- Add login.txt string next to auth-user-pass line and save the configuration file as client.conf:
- Create a new text file login.txt and paste Surfshark service credentials that you have collected in the beginning of this guide.
First line is a generated username and the second line is a generated password.
- Connect to your device through the Telnet and enter the following command:
opkg install openvpn
When setup is complete, reboot the device.
- Connect to your device through the FTP or SSH, and create a new folder named openvpn in /etc/ path. After that, upload the client.conf and login.txt files to /etc/openvpn folder.
- Start the OpenVPN on the Menu >Setup >System >Network >OpenVPN Setup >Press Green To Start OpenVPN.