This tutorial will show you how to setup the Enigma2 or Zgemma with Surfshark.
- Login to your Surfshark account and download the configuration files from this page: https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manual. You can download either TCP or UDP depending on your needs.
- Open the downloaded .ovpn configuration file with your preferred text editor. We recommend using WordPad (built-in Windows text editor) or NotePad++ (third-party text editor).
- Add login.txt string next to auth-user-pass line and save the configuration file as client.conf:
- Create a new text file login.txt and paste your service credentials (username and password) from https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manual page into separate lines.
First line is a generated username and the second line is a generated password.
- Connect to your device through the Telnet and enter the following command:
opkg install openvpn
When setup is complete, reboot the device.
- Connect to your device through the FTP or SSH, and create a new folder named openvpn in /etc/ path. After that, upload the client.conf and login.txt files to /etc/openvpn folder.
- Start the OpenVPN on the Menu >Setup >System >Network >OpenVPN Setup >Press Green To Start OpenVPN.