- First of all, download the Surfshark IKEv2 certificate to your device. You will find it if you log in to your account on our website (https://account.surfshark.com/login), go to Devices->Manual and scroll down. You will find the IKEv2 certificate there.
- Collect your manual connection credentials on the same page. Those credentials are different from the ones that you use to log in to our website.
- Now go to the Settings app of your iOS. You will notice the section with Profile Downloaded.
Click on it
- After the download is complete, a prompt will appear. Tap Install to continue.
- To establish a connection to our servers, you have to select to trust Surfshark IKEv2 certificate. You will have to click Install once again.
- Once the installation is complete, tap Done to finalize it.
Now you have to determine which server you want to connect to. We would suggest you to use the Recommended server. You can find a list of our server hostnames here.
For example, if you wanted to connect to the Netherlands, you would have to enter nl-ams.prod.surfshark.com.
- Now, open Settings > General and select the VPN tab.
- Tap on the Add VPN Configuration... button.
- Fill in the following information:
Type - IKEv2;
Description - Your preferred name of this connection;
Server - the hostname of the server (see step 4);
Remote ID - the same hostname that you entered in the Server field;
Local ID - leave empty;
User Authentication - Username;
Username - Your Surfshark service username that you have collected at the beginning of this guide;
Password - Your Surfshark service password that you have collected at the beginning of this guide;
Proxy - Off.
After filling all the fields, tap Done.
- The newly created VPN configuration will appear in the VPN menu. Tap the Status slider under VPN CONFIGURATIONS to connect. Once the slider turns green, you should see Connected status next to it.
- To make sure you are connected successfully, please refer to this article.
If you do not get a pop-up for IKEv2 certificate installation, please follow these steps:
1. Open Settings on your iOS/iPadOS device;
2. Find section “General” and tap on it:
3. Scroll down till you see VPN and select option “Profile” underneath it:
4. Find “Surfshark Root CA” and tap on it:
5. Press “Install” on right-upper corner: