In this tutorial, you will learn how to install and use the Surfshark VPN extension for Firefox browsers.
You will learn how to:
- Install the extension
- Log into the extension
- Connect to a VPN
- Choose and manage locations
- Manage features and settings
Install the Surfshark extension
- To begin with, find the Surfshark extension in the Firefox add-ons store. You will find it here.
If you can not find the Surfshark extension by following this page, please follow this tutorial on how to install the Surfshark extension manually.
- Click on the Surfshark search result.
- A pop-up window will ask you to confirm the installation.
Click Add to Firefox.
- The Surfshark logo will now appear on your toolbar in the top right-hand corner of your browser.
Log into the extension
- Click on the Surfshark icon at the top right of your browser.
- Enter the email address you used when registering and your password. Click Log in.
Connect to a VPN
- Tap the Connect or Quick connect button and the Surfshark extension will instantly connect to the fastest server available.
- As soon as you connect, the connection status will change to CONNECTED.
You can quickly disconnect by tapping the Disconnect button.
Choose and manage locations
There are more than 3200 servers in 65+ countries available at Surfshark. You can connect to your preferred location.
- Go to the Locations tab in your Surfshark VPN extension dashboard.
- Use the search bar at the top or simply scroll down the list until you find your preferred country.
There are multiple locations available in some countries. You will find the full list of locations in a specific country once you click on the flag icon of your chosen country.
- Click on the flag icon and the extension will instantly connect to your chosen location.
Manage features and settings
Open the Settings tab for Settings. The first thing is first - CleanWeb is a smart feature that blocks ads and malicious sites before they can harm you. Use the toggle button to activate this feature. WebRTC prevents websites from using WebRTC to discover your IP and location. You can also set the extension to connect upon launching the browser.
In the My account tab, you can find your subscription details, change your password, or enter a login code for the extension.
Success - you have successfully installed and configured your Surfshark VPN extension! Now your location is private and your sensitive data is secure, as long as you’re connected.
You may also be interested in:
- How can I make sure if my connection was successful?
- Common terms used in the VPN world
- Surfshark Features and Settings