This guide will show you how to use the Surfshark extension in incognito or Private Browsing mode using Chrome and Firefox browsers.
We will show how to do so on these browsers:
To proceed, you will need an active Surfshark subscription, which you can get here, and either Chrome or Firefox browsers with the Surfshark extension.
- If you have the Surfshark browser extension on Chrome, you should see the Surfshark icon in the top-right corner of your browser. This icon disappears once you access Incognito mode.
- Click on three dots, then navigate to More tools -> Extensions.
- You will find all of the installed extensions listed on that page. Find Surfshark and click Details.
- Turn on the Allow In incognito switch.
You can quickly open Incognito mode on your Chrome Browser by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+N at once.
- If you have the Surfshark browser extension installed on Firefox, you should see the Surfshark icon in the top-right corner of your browser. This icon disappears once you access Private Browsing mode.
- Open the settings menu and navigate to Add-ons.
- Here you will find the Surfshark add-on. Click on the three dots and choose Manage.
- You will find a setting to Run in Private Windows. Choose Allow.
You can quickly open Private Browsing mode on your Firefox Browser by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+P at once.
Congratulations - now you will be able to use the Surfhark browser extensions on Incognito and Private Browsing mode as well!
You may also be interested in: