In this tutorial, you will learn how to install and use the Surfshark VPN add-on for Firefox browsers.
This is a quick and convenient way to use Surfshark VPN without installing the desktop app. It’s worth mentioning, that Surfshark browser add-on only covers the browser traffic. In other words, other browsers and apps outside of Firefox will use your regular network connection.
To follow instructions, you will need a computer with a Mozilla Firefox browser and an active Surfshark VPN subscription.
You will learn how to:
- Install the add-on
- Log into the add-on
- Connect to a VPN
- Choose and manage locations
- Manage features and settings
Install the Surfshark add-on
- To begin with, find the Surfshark add-on at the Firefox add-ons store. You will find it here.
If you can not find Surfshark add-on by following this page, please follow this tutorial on how to install Surfshark add-on manually.
- Click Add to Firefox.
- A pop-up window will ask you to confirm the installation.
- The Surfshark logo will now appear on your toolbar in the top right-hand corner of your browser.
Log into the add-on
- Click on the Surfshark icon at the top right of your browser.
- Enter the email address you used when registering and your password. Click Log in.
Connect to a VPN
Right after logging in, you will see the home page of the Surfshark browser add-on. It shows the connection status, recently used locations, and the Quick connect button.
- Tap the Quick connect button and Surfshark add-on will instantly connect to the fastest server available.
- As soon as you connect, the connection status will change to CONNECTED.
You can quickly disconnect by tapping the Disconnect button.
Choose and manage locations
There are more than 3200 servers in 65+ countries available at Surfshark. You can connect to your preferred location.
- Go to the Locations tab in your Surfshark add-on.
- Use the search bar at the top or simply scroll down the list until you find your preferred country.
There are multiple locations available in some countries. You will find the full list of locations in a specific country once you click on the flag icon of your chosen country.
- Click on the flag icon and the add-on will instantly connect to your chosen location.
Manage features and settings
The third tab is for CleanWeb - a smart feature that blocks ads and malicious sites before they can harm you. Use the toggle button to activate this feature.
The last tab is for Settings.
Here you can find your subscription details, change the password, or set your preferred language for the extension. Click Help to find answers to the most common questions or contact Surfshark support team.
Success - you have successfully installed and configured your Surfshark VPN add-on! Now your location is private and your sensitive data is secure, as long as you’re connected.
If you have any further questions, our customer success team is here to help you 24/7 over a live chat or email.
You may also be interested in:
- How can I make sure if my connection was successful?
- Common terms used in the VPN world
- Surfshark Features and Settings