More often than not, Smart TVs, devices like Chromecast or Roku do not have native VPN support, so the Surfshark VPN app can not be installed.
However, there are a few alternative ways to enjoy Surfshark services on these devices:
- Easy setup
- Does not affect streaming speed
- Available for all devices
- Limited to the US region only
- Does not provide VPN security benefits, such as encryption
If your goal is to access streaming content, then setting up Smart DNS is one of the easiest ways to do it. You just need to change the DNS address on your device to the one provided by Surfshark and enjoy the streaming content of the US region. Also, it is possible to set up Smart DNS on your router.
More information about Surfshark’s smart DNS feature is available here.
- once installed, provides VPN protection to all devices automatically
- setup process might be quite complicated
- affects the connection speed
- you may need a special router for that
Setting up a VPN on a router is an effective method of securing your whole household. Once completed, every device that connects to the same router via Wi-Fi or cable will be secured, including your TV, and any other connected device. However, the process can be a bit complicated. Also, not every router can be configured with a VPN.
You can find more information about the router setup here.
VPN sharing from Windows device
- Quick and easy
- You can choose which devices will be provided with VPN access
- You need a Windows device
If you have already installed the Surfshark VPN app on your Windows device, you can share the VPN connection to all other devices at your house. This is a handy method that will easily provide VPN access to any device that has Wi-Fi connectivity. Find out how you can set it up.
If you have any further questions, our customer success team is here to help you 24/7 over a live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: