In this article, you will learn all about using Surfshark's Dedicated IP anonymously.
Anonymizing your Dedicated IP will add an extra layer to your internet privacy, as by following this procedure you will delete any information about your Dedicated IP that we have in our database. That being said, you will be responsible for retaining your own information.
In order to proceed, you will need a Surfshark subscription. You are able to purchase a Dedicated IP of your choice after you have an active subscription by entering the my.surfshark.com page and navigating to VPN > Dedicated IP. For more detailed information, check out our already existing article.
In this article you will learn how to:
- Download configuration files & save your credentials
- Anonymize your Dedicated IP
- Connect to your Dedicated IP after anonymizing it
Download configuration files & save your credentials
The configuration files are necessary to connect manually (when using a router or other types of manual connection). Although you may think that you do not need such a setup, it is still worth saving these configuration files in case you do decide to have one in the future. You can download the configuration files right now by following the steps below or later in the process.
Note: it is really important to save your credentials from the configuration files in this step, as you will no longer be able to access them later.
Open up the my.surfshark.com page and log in. After you do, navigate to the Dedicated IP section. To download them now, simply click on the configuration file (WireGuard, OpenVPN, or IKEv2).
Then, proceed to press the download button. The configuration file with all of its details will be downloaded to your device after.
For IKEv2 or OpenVPN connections, make sure to save the credentials to a .txt file or cloud storage of your choice by clicking on the configuration and copying them.
Anonymize your Dedicated IP
In this section, we'll go through the anonymization process. It is really important to note that once this process is started, it cannot be undone.
- To begin the process, click on the Remove my records button.
- You will be given a warning — further proceeding with these steps, you acknowledge that you will no longer have the right to claim a refund and that all the information about your Dedicated IP address will be removed from our databases.
Tick both of the boxes and press Start to continue.
In this step, make sure to download your Dedicated IP Token. Once you press the Download token button, a .txt file with your Dedicated IP token will be downloaded to your device.
It is highly recommended that you save this token on multiple devices or cloud storage, as you will no longer be able to access it after this process is finished.
- In this step, you will have to provide your Dedicated IP token in order to prove that you have saved it.
Before the process is completed, you can access your token ID in the Surfshark app's (Android, iOS, Windows, macOS) Dedicated IP tab or the my.surfshark.com page.
Enter your token and press the Confirm token button to proceed.
- Once you confirm your token, you are able to download the configuration files. If you have not done so yet, you must do it now, otherwise, you will no longer be able to access them. Proceed by pressing the download button for each one.
- You will be given an additional warning to save your configuration files. We recommend double-checking that you have successfully downloaded the configuration files — by default, they go directly into your computer's Downloads folder.
Once you are sure that you have the configuration files saved, click the Yes, I saved it button.
- And that is it — you will receive a confirmation message stating that you have completed the anonymization process of your Dedicated IP.
Connect to your Dedicated IP after anonymizing it
Here are the steps on how to connect to your Dedicated IP via the app if you haven't done so before or you are setting it up on a new device. The process is the same on all Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS versions of the Surfshark app.
- Open the Surfshark app and navigate to the Dedicated IP tab. On Android and iOS versions of the app, it is under the Locations section.
- Once there, if you haven't connected to your Dedicated IP before anonymizing it, you will be asked to input your Token Key. Once you do so, press the Activate button.
- Now you will get a notification that your Dedicated IP is ready to be used within the app!
If you wish to connect to your Dedicated IP manually (for example on a router), check out our manual connection guides.
Congratulations! Now you know all about the Dedicated IP anonymization process and how to connect after going through the procedure!
You may also be interested in: