This guide will help you make an exception for Surfshark on the BitDefender antivirus application.
Sometimes antivirus software might be interfering with VPN background processes and therefore block the connection. Making an exception for Surfshark will help to prevent possible conflicts and interruptions between these two applications.
You will need the BitDefender antivirus application and an active Surfshark subscription to follow along. If you don't have an active subscription yet, you can get one here.
- Open the BitDefender application and go to the Protection tab on the left side of the app.
- Under the Antivirus section, select Settings.
- Go to the Exceptions tab.
- Click Add, then click Browse.
- Go to This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86)
- Open the Program Files (x86) folder by clicking on the black arrow on the left side, scroll down until you find the Surfshark folder. Click on the Surfshark folder, then click OK.
- Finally, click Add and restart your device.
Congratulations - you have successfully created an exception in the BitDefender Antivirus application on your device!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: