This guide will help you make an exception for Surfshark on the Avira antivirus application.
Sometimes antivirus software might be interfering with VPN background processes and therefore block the connection. Making an exception for Surfshark will help to prevent possible conflicts and interruptions between these two applications.
You will need the Avira antivirus application and an active Surfshark subscription to follow along. If you don't have an active subscription yet, you can get one here.
- Open your Avira antivirus application and click the Security tab on the left side of the application.
- Then go to Protection options.
- Press on the cogwheel next to the Real-time protection tab.
- Navigate to PC Protection -> Real-Time Protection -> Exceptions.
- Press the three-dot button under File objects to be omitted by the Real-Time Protection.
- Go to This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86)
- Open the Program Files (x86) folder by clicking on the black arrow on the left side, scroll down until you find the Surfshark folder. Click on the Surfshark folder, then click Select.
- Finally, click the Add button.
- Click Apply and OK. Then restart your device.
Congratulations - you have successfully created an exception in the Avira Antivirus application on your device!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: