This guide will help you make an exception for Surfshark on the Avira antivirus application.
You will need the Avira antivirus application and an active Surfshark subscription, which you can purchase on our pricing page.
- Open your Avira antivirus application and click the Security tab on the left side of the application.
- Then go to Protection options.
Press on the cogwheel next to the Real-time protection tab.
- Navigate to PC Protection -> Real-Time Protection -> Exceptions.
- Press the three-dot button under File objects to be omitted by the Real-Time Protection.
- Go to This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86)
Open the Program Files (x86) folder by clicking on the black arrow on the left side, scroll down until you find the Surfshark folder. Click on the Surfshark folder, then click Select.
- Finally, click the Add button.
- Click Apply and OK. Then restart your device.
Congratulations - you have successfully created an exception in the Avira Antivirus application on your device!
You may also be interested in: