This guide provides instructions on how to configure smart DNS on LG TV device with WebOS. If you have not activated smart DNS yet, check out this guide first.
Note : We have done this guide on an emulator. As for WebOS TV's, the looks might differ a bit but the guide itself will stay the same.
Let's get you set up!
1. First, press the settings button on your remote and proceed to the settings screen on your TV. Next, click on the network section to view it.
2. Select the way that you have connected your TV to the internet (Ethernet, or Wi-Fi). In our case, it's Ethernet.
3. Select the Edit button and proceed to the next step.
4. In order to configure DNS addresses manually, you have to un-check "Set Automatically" option.
5. As you can see in this screenshot, the "Set automatically" option is disabled and we can configure the DNS addresses. At this stage, you should enter the DNS address that you can see in your profile page after you activated smart DNS services here.
6. After entering the DNS address, click on the "Connect" button down below and the internet status should say "Connected to Internet".
That's it! Your device is now configured with smart DNS services. You can start swimming in the ocean full of unrestricted content! 🦈