Here's a guide that'll cover some simple steps to configure Surfshark smart DNS on your Apple TV. If you haven't activated smart DNS yet, check out this guide first.
Let's dive in! 🌊
1. First of all, open up settings on your Apple TV!
2. Now, select "network", and proceed.
3. If your Apple TV is on Wi-FI, click on Wi-Fi as shown in the screenshot below.
You may have noticed that the IP address shown on your TV is different from the one that you have activated Smart DNS for. That is because you have activated smart DNS for your external (public) IP address, but your TV only shows the internal (private) IP.
An internal IP usually looks like this - 192.168.x.x and is only used for internal communication between different devices on the same network. It is not visible publicly and does not affect the usage of Smart DNS, so you can just ignore it and proceed with Smart DNS setup.
Or maybe you're using Ethernet to surf the waves of the internet. 🌊 In that case, it will look like this:
4. Now if you are using Wi-Fi, you will have to click on the network that you are connected to:
5. Select the option "Configure DNS"
6. On the next page, select "Manual" for the DNS configuration.
7. Now, you will be able to enter the DNS address that is available on your profile page where you activated smart DNS.
Add 0 in front if needed (as in the picture below).
That's it! You're now ready to open up the new waters of the internet! 😎
Unfortunately, there are some situations where Smart DNS can not be successfully used. If you have experienced some issues with Smart DNS, look for a solution in this article:
How to fix Smart DNS connectivity issues?
Or you can try an alternative way of using Surfshark on your TV/console:
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact our Customer Success Sharks anytime - they will help you out!