Let's take a look at how you can set up Smart DNS on your Samsung TV. It's a handy method that allows you to use some of the VPN functions on devices where you couldn't normally install a VPN. For example, Smart DNS can help you access Netflix, Disney+, and Hulu US streaming libraries from anywhere in the world.
In this guide you will learn how to:
To follow along, you will need a Samsung Smart TV and an active Surfshark VPN subscription, which you can purchase here (Smart DNS is included in the price).
Find your Smart DNS
- Firstly, go to this page on surfshark.com.
You may need to log in to proceed to this page. In such a case, enter your registered email address, then your password, and click Log In.
- If you do not see your smart DNS addresses there, most likely you have not activated it yet. Click the Activate button or follow this tutorial for detailed instructions on how to enable smart DNS on your account.
Set up Smart DNS on your TV
Follow the steps below to set up Smart DNS on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Press the Menu button on your remote. In the main menu select Network.
- Choose Network from the settings menu. Go to Network Status.
- At the bottom of Network Status, click the IP Settings button.
- Go to DNS settings.
You may have noticed that the IP address shown on your TV is different from the one that you have activated Smart DNS for. That is because you have activated Smart DNS for your external (public) IP address, but your TV only shows the internal (private) IP.
An internal IP usually looks like this - 192.168.x.x and is only used for internal communication between different devices on the same network. It is not visible publicly and does not affect the usage of Smart DNS, so you can just ignore it and proceed with the Smart DNS setup.
- Choose Enter manually.
- Enter the Smart DNS that you can see on your profile page after you activated Smart DNS services here.
Congratulations - you have successfully configured Smart DNS on your Samsung Smart TV! You can now enjoy the streaming content from the US or other countries on many streaming platforms.
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: