In order to access geo-restricted content from United States on SmartTV, PS4, Xbox, Apple TV you need to change the DNS addresses that are provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This can be done by using smart DNS technology.
This tutorial is dedicated to simplify the process of setting up your smart DNS addresses.
Please note that smart DNS is a feature that allows you to access restricted content, however, it does not provide the same security level as using VPN.
Setting up smart DNS for your IP address
- Login to your account and click on Smart DNS.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the SmartDNS section.
- Verify your IP address. Make sure that you are disconnected from VPN or proxy servers and that it is indeed the IP address of your network. If the address is correct, select Activate.
- It will take a few seconds for smart DNS to activate. While it is processing, smart DNS will be marked as Pending. We suggest to refresh the page after activating it and it should switch to Active state!
- When the activation process is finished you will be notified with an email that the services has been activated on that IP address, and the status in the account tab will change to Active and you will see the assigned DNS addresses.
That’s it! You can now proceed and place the smart DNS address on your selected device!
You can find a guide for your device below: