In this tutorial, you will learn how to install the Surfshark VPN app on your Android device using the APK file. APK stands for Android Package Kit. This file format is used to install apps on Android devices, just like EXE files on Windows. This guide will show you how to install the Surfshark app if you are unable to download it from the Play Store.
You will learn how to:
For that, you need an Android device running OS 5.0 or later and an active Surfshark subscription. No subscription yet? No worries, you can get it here.
Download your Surfshark app
- Go to the Android application download page on surfshark.com. You can reach this page directly by tapping here.
- Tap on Download .APK button. A pop-up will appear, asking your permission to download the file. Tap on Ok.
- Once you download the Surfshark.apk file, tap Open on the pop-up.
Install your Surfshark app
- The installation process will begin. To confirm the installation, tap on Install.
- Wait for the Surfshark installation process to finish.
- Once the installation process ends, you can tap Open, which will open the Surfshark application.
If you wish to learn more about Surfshark features and what you can do with the application, you can visit this article.
Connect to your Surfshark app
- The Surfshark app will open on your device. Log into your account by tapping Log in button.
- Enter your credentials and tap Log in to proceed.
- You will see the main screen of the Surfshark application. From here, you can tap on Locations to select your preferred location.
- You can also test each server's latency by tapping the speedometer icon on the right.
- The latency test for each location in order will begin. With this information, you can connect to the location with the lowest latency. Lower latency means a more stable connection.
Connect to your preferred location by tapping on it.
- A pop-up will appear asking for your authorization to proceed with the connection. Tap Yes.
- The connection process will begin. Wait for the connection to reach 100 percent, which should only take a moment.
- You will see a Connected status. If you wish to disconnect from your current location - tap on Disconnect.
If you have any further questions, our customer success team is here to help you 24/7 over a live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: