In this tutorial, you will learn how to manually install the Surfshark VPN extension to your Firefox browser.
Here are all the steps to install the Surfshark Firefox add-on manually:
- Download the installation file of the Surfshark VPN add-on. You will find it here.
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Open the menu by pressing the menu button in the top-right corner of your Firefox browser.
Select the Add-ons tab.
- Click the cogwheel and choose Install Add-on From File...
- You will need to choose the installation file that will be imported to the Firefox browser.
Navigate to the Downloads folder on your device, select the Surfshark add-on installation file that you have downloaded in the first step of this tutorial, and press Open.
- Confirm the installation by clicking Add.
- You will receive a pop-up window informing about the successful installation.
Check the box to allow Surfshark add-on to run in Private browsing mode and press Okay, Got it.
- Once the installation is complete, you will see the Surfshark logo appearing on your toolbar.
Click on it to open it and connect to the VPN.
Feel free to take a look at this tutorial on how to operate the Surfshark VPN add-on.
In case the manual installation process does not work, make sure to try a different setup method shown in the video below.
Success - you have successfully installed and configured your Surfshark VPN add-on! Now your location is private and your sensitive data is secure, as long as you’re connected.
You may also be interested in: