In this tutorial, you will learn how to manually install the Surfshark VPN extension to your Firefox browser. That might come in handy if you're unable to install the Surfshark add-on directly from the Mozilla add-ons store.
Here are all the steps to install Surfshark Firefox add-on manually:
- Download the installation file of the Surfshark VPN add-on. You will find it here.
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Open the menu by pressing the menu button in the top-right corner of your Firefox browser.
Select the Add-ons tab.
- Click the cogwheel and choose Install Add-on From File...
- You will need to choose the installation file that will be imported to the Firefox browser.
Navigate to the Downloads folder on your device, select the Surfshark add-on installation file that you have downloaded in the first step of this tutorial, and press Open.
- Confirm the installation by clicking Add.
- You will receive a pop-up window informing about the successful installation.
Check the box to allow Surfshark add-on to run in Private browsing mode and press Okay, Got it.
- Once the installation is complete, you will see the Surfshark logo appearing on your toolbar.
Click on it to open it and connect to the VPN.
Feel free to take a look at this tutorial on how to operate the Surfshark VPN add-on.
Success - you have successfully installed and configured your Surfshark VPN add-on! Now your location is private and your sensitive data is secure, as long as you’re connected.
If you have any further questions, our customer success team is here to help you 24/7 over a live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: