This guide will show you how to manually send the diagnostic files to our customer success team whenever the Surfshark app on your Windows device fails.
You may find this useful if you receive an error message about diagnostics collection failure. This way, you can manually send the diagnostic files to our agents.
Here's how to collect the diagnostic files:
- Click the Search icon on the Windows start menu and type in File Explorer. Click on the first result, which looks like the one in the image below.
- Use File Explorer to navigate to your Surfshark installation folder.
Default location is This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> Surfshark.
You will find an archived file in a .zip format like the one you can see in the screenshot below. Your file will have a different name reflecting the time of the last diagnostics attempt.
Now you can send the file to the support team if you are having issues with the application!
In case you didn't find this file in your Surfsharks installation directory, follow these steps:
- Click the Search icon on the Windows start menu and type in %appdata%. Click on the first result, which looks like the one in the image below.
- This command will open the Roaming folder using File Explorer (%appdata% is a shortcut to this folder). Open the Surfshark folder from here.
- Files starting with log are your diagnostic files. You can send these files to our support team if you are having issues with the application.
If you still don't see these files, try opening %programdata% instead and check if such files appear in the Surfshark folder there.
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: