In this article, you will learn how to make an exception for Surfshark on the McAfee antivirus application.
You will need the McAfee antivirus application and an active Surfshark subscription, which you can purchase on our pricing page.
Follow these steps to make an exception for Surfshark in the McAfee antivirus settings:
- Launch the McAfee app and click on the Settings button, a cogwheel in the top-right corner.
- In the Settings menu under PC Security, click Real-Time Scanning.
- Under the Learn more tab, click on Excluded files.
- Clicking this tab will extend the Excluded files window. Click on Add file.
- Now, you will need to navigate to the Surfshark folder. Default installation is in This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> Surfshark
The files you need to exclude are Surfshark.exe, Surfshark.Service.exe, and SurfsharkDiagnostics.exe. Start with SurfsharkDiagnostics.exe by clicking on it and then click Open.
You will need to create an exclusion for each file separately.
- SurfsharkDiagnostics.exe will appear on the Excluded files list. Click Add file again.
- Repeat the same process for both Surfshark.exe and Surfshark.Service.exe as well.
- Once you see all three files under the Excluded files tab, you can close the Real-Time Scanning window.
- Now restart your device to complete the procedure.
You may also be interested in: