Sabai is a router firmware that is compatible with some routers. It is relatively easy to configure it with OpenVPN VPN.
In this tutorial, you will find how you can set up a VPN connection to Surfshark servers using your router with Sabai firmware.
- At first, you will need to get Surfhark service credentials. Those are the credentials, different from the ones that you use to log in to our website or the app. To find them, go to the login page of our website, here https://account.surfshark.com/ and log in.
Once you log in, go to Devices -> Manual, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will find your service credentials there.
- On the same page where credentials are, you will find configuration files of all our servers. You will need a configuration file to connect to our server. Choose your preferred location and download the file (UDP protocol, unless you prefer TCP).
- Open your Sabai router by entering its IP address to the URL bar on your browser.
- Navigate to Network -> OpenVPN. Here you will find the OpenVPN client.
- Click Choose File.
- Navigate to the configuration file that you have downloaded in the 2nd step. Click on it, then click Open.
- You will see the name of the added configuration file.
- Click Show file.
- Now click Edit.
- Enter Surfshark service credentials that you have collected in the 2nd step and click Done.
- Click Save to store your credentials.
- Now click Start and the VPN connection will be started. You will see the status and new IP address at the top-right corner of your router interface.
That's it, you have successfully connected to the Surfshark server!
If something is not going according to the tutorial, feel free to contact our Customer Success Sharks and they will help you out!