Netduma R1 routers are relatively easy to configure. Although the VPN client itself is not as flexible compared to other firmware, it is very user-friendly and allows you to easily choose devices that you want to be protected.
Follow the tutorial below in order to configure your Netduma R1 router with Surfshark VPN.
- At first, you will need to get Surfhark service credentials. Those are the credentials, different from the ones that you use to log in to our website or the app. To find them, go to the login page of our website, here https://account.surfshark.com/ and log in.
Once you log in, go to Devices -> Manual, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will find your service credentials there.
- On the same page where credentials are, you will find configuration files of all our servers. You will need a configuration file to connect to our server. Choose your preferred location and download the file (UDP protocol, unless you prefer TCP).
- Log in to your Netduma R1 router by entering your router IP address to the URL bar on your browser.
- Go to the VPN tab. Here you will see all devices connected to this router and choose which ones you want to route via VPN tunnel.
- Scroll down to the bottom of that page and you will see a VPN client configuration area.
- You will need to enter the configuration settings of our server to the Config area.
To do that, find the server configuartion file that you have downloaded from our website in the 2nd step. Open it as a text file using Notepad and copy the whole text that you will find in the file.
- Go back to the VPN configuration page on your router and paste the copied text to the Config area.
- Now enter Surfshark service credentials that you have collected in the 1st step.
- If everything was entered correctly you will see a message in green that it's connected.
That's it, you have successfully connected your router to our VPN server and all your chosen devices will be protected!
If somethign is not going according to the tutorial, feel free to contact our Customer Success Sharks and they will help you out!