This tutorial will show you how to install and use the Surfshark VPN extension for the Chrome browser.
A browser extension is a quick and convenient way to use Surfshark VPN without installing the desktop app. Keep in mind that the Surfshark browser extension only covers the browser traffic. That means that other browsers and apps outside of Chrome will use your regular network connection.
You will need a computer with a Chrome browser and an active Surfshark VPN subscription to follow along.
You will learn how to:
- Install the extension
- Log in to the extension
- Connect to a VPN
- Choose the location
- Manage features and settings
Install the Surfshark extension
- To begin with, find the Surfshark extension at the Chrome web store. You will find it here.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- A pop-up window will ask you to confirm the installation.
Press Add extension.
- The Surfshark logo will now appear on your toolbar at the top right-hand corner of your browser.
Log in to the extension
- Click on the Surfshark icon at the top right of your browser.
- Enter the email address you used when registering and your password. Click Log in.
Connect to a VPN
Right after logging in, you will see the homepage of the Surfshark browser extension. It shows the connection status, recently used locations, and the Quick connect button.
- Click the Quick connect button, and the extension will instantly connect to the fastest server available.
- As soon as you connect, the connection status will change to CONNECTED.
You can quickly disconnect by tapping the Disconnect button.
Choose and manage locations
There are more than 3200 servers in 65+ countries available at Surfshark. You can connect to your preferred location.
- Go to the Locations tab in your Surfshark extension.
- Use the search bar at the top or scroll down the list until you find your preferred country.
There are multiple locations available in some countries. You will find the full list of locations in a specific country once you click on the flag icon of your chosen country.
- Click on the flag icon, and the extension will instantly connect to your chosen location.
Manage features and settings
The third tab is for CleanWeb. CleanWeb is a smart feature that blocks ads and malicious sites before they can harm you. Use the toggle button to activate this feature.
The last tab is for Settings.
Here you can find your subscription details, change your password, or set your preferred language for the extension. Click Help to find answers to the most common questions or contact the Surfshark support team.
Success - you have successfully installed and configured your Surfshark VPN extension! Now your location is private, and your sensitive data is secure, as long as you’re connected.
If you have any further questions, our customer success team is here to help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: