This tutorial will show you how to install and use the Surfshark VPN extension for the Chrome browser.
Don't have one? Download Surfshark VPN for Chrome here.
You will learn how to:
- Install the extension
- Log in to the extension
- Connect to the VPN
- Choose a location
- Manage features and settings
Install the Surfshark extension
- To begin with, find the Surfshark extension at the Chrome web store. You will find it here.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- A pop-up window will ask you to confirm the installation.
Press Add extension.
- For easier use, we recommend pinning the Surfshark extension to your browser's toolbar. To do so, click on the extensions icon.
Now, click the pin button.
Once done, you'll see it on your toolbar.
Log in to the extension
- Click on the Surfshark icon at the top right of your browser. Press Log in.
- Now, you will be redirected to Surfshark's webpage, where you'll have to enter your account's username and password.
Once done, press Log in, and you'll be able to use the extension.
Connect to the VPN
Right after logging in, you will see the VPN screen of the Surfshark browser extension.
- Clicking the Quick-connect button will connect you to the closest geographical location.
- As soon as you connect, the connection status will change to Connected.
You can quickly disconnect by clicking the Disconnect button. Alternatively, you can also click on Pause to temporarily pause the VPN connection.
Choose and manage locations
There are more than 3200 servers in 65+ countries available at Surfshark. At any time, feel free to connect to the location of your choice.
- On the VPN tab you can see all of the available Locations.
You can also click on the star icon next to a location to make it a favorite. Once you do so, it will appear at the top locations list under the Favourites section.
- Use the search bar at the top or scroll down the list until you find your preferred country.
- Click on the flag icon, and the extension will instantly connect to your chosen location.
Manage features and settings
Open the Settings tab for Settings. The first thing is VPN settings – you can configure which country you connect to when you press Quick-connect. You can also toggle the WebRTC feature, which prevents websites from using WebRTC to discover your IP and location. You can also set the extension to connect upon launching the browser.
In the My account tab, you can find your subscription details, change your password, or enter a login code for the extension.
In the App settings tab, you can change the extension's language and change the app's appearance – from light mode to dark mode.
In the Bypass list tab, you can configure which websites bypass the VPN connection. You can also configure which websites are affected by CleanWeb.
Lastly, there are the Get help and Earn Free Surfshark tabs. In the Get help tab, you can read Surfshark's ToS and contact our support team. In the latter, you can find out about our referral program.
You may also be interested in: