The Surfshark webcam protection feature protects you from potential hackers accessing your webcam.
In this article, you will learn how to use this feature on macOS. You will need a macOS device, Surfshark app, and an active Surfshark One or Surfshark One+ subscription, which you can purchase on Surfshark pricing page.
NOTE: Currently, the feature is only available for macOS and Windows users, but we will gradually be introducing the feature to other operating systems.
You will learn how to:
Setup the webcam protection on macOS
- Open the Surfshark application and navigate to the Antivirus tab.
- Here, you will find the Webcam protection feature. You’ll have to install it if this is your first time using it. Do so by pressing the install button. Then, toggle the switch to enable it.
Use the webcam protection feature
- Click on the Trusted app list.
- Click on the Manage app list button. Here, you will be able to select and add apps that you allow to access your webcam.
- Once you select your apps, simply hit Confirm. In our case, we added the FaceTime app to be able to use the webcam.
- Restart your device after the changes, for them to fully take effect. Now only the applications in the allow list will be able to access your webcam.
You may also be interested in: