You've probably heard that hackers can basically do anything with your computer, even enable your webcam and record everything you do, while disabling the small light next to your webcam, which indicates that the webcam is enabled.
Well, we at Surfshark care about your privacy, so meet the newest addition to our features - the Surfshark webcam protection.
Currently, the feature is only available for macOS users, but we will be introducing the feature to other operating systems gradually.
Let's get started!
- Open the Surfshark application and navigate to the Antivirus tab.
- Here you will find the Webcam protection feature. Toggle the switch to enable it.
- A new tab will appear, click on the Trusted app list.
- Click on the Manage app list button. Here you will be able to select and add apps that you allow to access your webcam. Do not add apps that you think should not use your webcam.
- Once you select your apps, simply hit Confirm. In our case, we added the FaceTime app to be allowed to use the webcam.
- Lastly, we would recommend to restart your device after the changes, for them to fully take effect. Now only the applications in the allow list will be able to access your webcam.
Hey, now you know how to use the webcam blocker feature, and extend your security even further!
You may also be interested in: