In this article, you will learn why you may not be able to find the Surfshark Antivirus on your macOS device.
So, you opened the Surfshark application, ready to scan your device for threats, but you can't find the Surfshark Antivirus anywhere on the application? Well, there is an explanation for this.
Currently, the Surfshark Antivirus is only available for our customers who download the Surfshark .DMG version directly from our website, instead of the App Store, so first of all, make sure you have downloaded the Surfshark .DMG version from our official website. You can find the Surfshark .DMG version by clicking here.
Note that you will need to have macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or higher and 500MB of free disk space for the antivirus to work.
What if I already have a Surfshark app from the App Store?
No worries! There are only a few things that will need to go through.
First of all, even if you have purchased your Surfshark One subscription via Apple directly, you do not need a new subscription. Your current one will also work on the .DMG version of Surfshark.
To replace your App Store version of the Surfshark app with the .DMG version, follow these steps:
- Drag the current Surfshark application to the Recycle Bin to completely delete it.
- Open this page, and click on Download VPN on macOS.
- Go through the installation process, and open your Surfshark application.
- Lastly, you will need to allow permissions for the Surfshark antivirus, as shown in this article.
Congratulations! Now you know why you may not find the Surfshark Antivirus available for you on your macOS device and how to solve the issue!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team is here to help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in:
- How to install the Surfshark Antivirus on macOS?
- How to enable 2FA on your Surfshark account?
- How to use Surfshark Search?