In this article, you will learn how to install the Surfshark Antivirus on your macOS device!
Before starting to use the Surfshark Antivirus on your macOS device, there are a few steps that need to be done, as the Antivirus is not available directly once you install the Surfshark application.
First of all, make sure you have downloaded the Surfshark .DMG version from our official website, as the Surfshark Antivirus will not be available with the downloaded App Store version. You can find the Surfshark .DMG version by clicking here.
Also, if you still haven't purchased the Surfshark One package, get yours here!
We will go through these topics:
Install the Surfshark app
- Go to this page and download the Surfshark application.
Note: if you already have Surfshark installed on your macOS device, please only follow the steps in the Allow permissions on your device part of this article.
- Go through the regular installation process, open the application and log into your account.
Enable System Extension
- Go to the Antivirus tab in the Surfshark application, and click on Open System Preferences.
- In the next pop-up, click OK.
- At the bottom left corner, click on the Lock icon.
- Here you will either need to enter your keychain password or scan your fingerprint on your macOS. In our case, we are using the password.
- Once you've entered your password, click Unlock.
- Lastly, click Allow, and hit the Lock icon one more time.
Allow permissions on your device
- Open the System Preferences on your macOS device and click on Security & Privacy.
- In the new windows, select Privacy, then in the list on the left-hand side, find Full Disk Access, and click on the Lock icon at the bottom.
- Here you will need to enter your keychain password, which is simply your macOS device password. Once you have entered your password, click Unlock.
- Check the box next to Surfshark Antivirus, and click on the Lock icon once more.
- Lastly, open the Surfshark application, go to the Antivirus tab, and scan your device!
Congratulations! Now you know how to install the Surfshark Antivirus on your macOS device!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team is here to help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: