This guide will help you make an exception for Surfshark on the Norton 360 antivirus application.
Sometimes antivirus software might interfere with VPN background processes and, therefore, interfere with the connection. Making an exception for Surfshark will help to prevent possible conflicts and interruptions between these two applications.
- Launch the Norton application and click on the Settings button at the top right of the window.
- In the Settings menu, click on Antivirus.
- Once you are in the Antivirus settings menu, click on the Scans and Risks tab, scroll down to the bottom, and click on Configure next to Items to Exclude from Scans.
- In the Scan Exclusions window, click the Add Folders button.
- Proceed to click on the folder icon.
- In this step, we'll need to select the Surfshark VPN folder. To do so, click on This PC > (C:) > Program Files > Surfshark. Once you locate it, select it and click OK.
- Now you should see the pathway to the Surfshark folder in the Add Item prompt. Go ahead and click OK to save it.
- Now, the pathway to Surfshark's folder should be visible in the Scan Exclusions window. All that is left to do is to press Apply and OK to save the exclusion you have just added.
- Lastly, make sure to reboot your device for the changes to apply.
Congratulations! You now know how to make an exception on Norton 360 antivirus.
You may also be interested in:
- How to set up a Surfshark VPN on Windows?
- How to make sure if my connection was successful?
- How to make an exception for Surfshark in Kaspersky antivirus settings?