This guide will help you make an exception for Surfshark on the Kaspersky antivirus application.
Sometimes antivirus software might be interfering with VPN background processes and therefore block the connection.
Making an exception for Surfshark will help to prevent possible conflicts and interruptions between these two applications.
You will need the Kaspersky antivirus application and an active Surfshark subscription to follow along. If you don't have an active subscription yet, you can get one here.
- Launch the Kaspersky app and click on Settings at the bottom-left corner of the interface.
- Go to the Additional settings tab.
- Open Threats and Exclusions.
- Click Manage exclusions.
- A window with all current exclusions will appear. Click the Add button.
- Click Browse in the next window.
- Now you will need to navigate to the Surfshark folder. The default install location for Surfshark is in This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86)
- Open the Program Files (x86) folder by clicking on the black arrow on the left side, scroll down until you find the Surfshark folder. Click on the Surfshark folder, then click Select.
- Click the Add button and exit the app.
- Restart your PC afterward.
Congratulations - you have successfully created an exception in the Kaspersky Antivirus application on your device!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: