In this article, you will learn how to use the WireGuard protocol in the Surfshark application on your macOS device.
For WireGuard to work properly, you need to have the Surfshark application in the Applications folder, otherwise, you might experience certain issues with this particular protocol.
We will go through these topics:
Let's get started!
On your first attempt to connect, a pop-up will be shown, and you will be offered to set up WireGuard. Click the Set up WireGuard button.
- In case you have already connected previously and refused to install WireGuard, go to Settings, then Protocol, and click the Setup button.
Now you will need to move the Surfshark application into the Applications folder if you already haven't done so. To do that, press Continue.
Keep in mind that this step is crucial for WireGuard to work!
Once WireGuard is installed, you will need to relaunch the app to finalize the installation. Click Continue in the pop-up below.
Allow permissions on your device
- Once you restart the application, you will need to allow Surfshark to modify your connection settings for WireGuard to work. When you open the application, you'll be greeted with the screen below. Press Continue to open Settings on your macOS device.
- You will then see a pop-up message. Press Open Security Preferences, and dour device settings will open. Click on the lock icon in the bottom left corner.
- You will now need to enter your device user account password, and click Unlock.
- Lastly, click the Allow button on the right side of the screen.
Congratulations! Now you know how to set up the WireGuard protocol on your macOS device!
You may also be interested in: