This tutorial will show you how to install and use the Surfshark VPN extension on the Edge browser.
A browser extension is a quick and convenient way to use Surfshark VPN without installing the desktop app. Keep in mind that the Surfshark browser extension only covers browser traffic. That means that other browsers and apps outside of Edge will use your regular network connection.
You will need a computer with the Edge browser and an active Surfshark VPN subscription to follow along.
You will learn how to:
Install the extension
- Click here to open the download link for the Surfshark VPN extension on Edge. Once there, press the GET button.
- In the following pop-up, select Add Extension.
- The Surfshark VPN extension will install in a few seconds, and you will see the Surfshark icon at the top row of the Edge browser.
Log into the extension
- Click on the Surfshark logo at the top-right corner of your browser, enter your Surfshark username and password, and press Login.
Connect to the VPN
Right after logging in, you will see the homepage of the Surfshark browser extension. It shows the connection status, available locations, and the Connect button.
- Click the Connect button, and the extension will instantly connect to the fastest location available.
- As soon as you connect, the connection status will change to CONNECTED. You can quickly disconnect by tapping the Disconnect button.
- On the left side of the extension, you will find a list of all available locations. Click on a preferred location to connect to it. You can also choose between Static IP and MultiHop.
Manage features and settings
- Click on the Cogwheel icon at the top left corner under the Locations icon to open the Settings tab. Here you will find all of the available features and settings, such as CleanWeb, WebRTC, Language, Autoconnect on launch, and Appearance.
- Click on the Account tab to manage your account. There you can change your password or extend your plan.
Congratulations! Now you know how to set up the Surfshark VPN browser extension on Edge!
If you have any further questions, the Surfshark customer success team is here to help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: