In this article, you will learn how to install and use the Surfshark VPN extension on the Edge browser.
You will need Microsoft Edge and an active Surfshark subscription. If you don’t have one, you can purchase it on Surfshark pricing page.
You will learn how to:
- Install the extension
- Log in to the extension
- Connect to the VPN
- Manage Surfshark locations
- Manage Surfshark features and settings
- Ensure the connection is succesfull
Install the extension
- Visit the Microsoft store to find the Surfshark VPN Edge browser extension. Once there, press the GET button.
- In the following pop-up, select Add Extension.
- The Surfshark VPN extension will install in a few seconds. For easier use, we recommend pinning the Surfshark extension to your browser's toolbar. To do so, click on the extensions icon. Then, locate Surfshark and press on the Eye icon.
- Once done, the extension will appear on the toolbar.
Log in to the extension
- Click on the Surfshark icon at the top right of your browser. Press Log in.
- Now, you will be redirected to Surfshark's webpage, where you'll have to enter your account's username and password.
- Once done, press Log in, and you'll be able to use the extension.
Connect to the VPN
- On the Surfshark extension dashboard, click the Quick-connect button. It will connect you to the closest geographical location.
- As soon as you connect, the connection status will change to Connected.
- You can disconnect by clicking the Disconnect button. Alternatively, you can also click on Pause to temporarily pause the VPN connection.
Manage Surfshark locations
Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries. Choose the server, click on it, and that's it.
- On the VPN tab, you can see all of the available Locations.
- To favorite a location, click on the star icon next to it. Once you do so, the location will appear at the top of the list in the Favorites section.
- Use the search bar at the top or scroll down the list until you find your preferred country.
- Click on the flag icon, and the extension will connect you to your chosen location.
Manage Surfshark features and settings
Click on the cog icon for Settings.
In VPN settings, you can:
- Configure which country you connect to when you press Quick-connect
- Toggle the WebRTC feature, which prevents websites from using WebRTC to discover your IP and location
- Set the extension to connect upon the launch of the browser
In the My account tab, you can find your subscription details, change your password, or enter a login code for the extension.
In the App settings tab, you can change the extension's language and change the app's appearance – from light mode to dark mode.
In the Bypass list tab, you can configure which websites bypass the VPN connection. You can also configure which websites are affected by CleanWeb.
Lastly, there are the Get help and Earn Free Surfshark tabs. In the Get help tab, you can read Surfshark's ToS and contact our support team. In the latter, you can find out about our referral program.
Ensure the connection is successful
We always recommend checking if Surfshark VPN is working after setting it up for the first time. You can easily do it by performing Surfshark IP leak test and a DNS leak test. For your convenience, both are available on our website.
You may also be interested in: