Sideloading apps on your Android box could be useful if you wish to install an application that is not available on the Google Play Store due to regional restrictions or need to install an older version of some specific application.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to successfully sideload various applications onto your Android box or Android TV in a few simple steps.
These are the main steps we will go through:
For this guide, you will need an Android Box or an Android TV and an active Surfshark subscription to follow along. If you don't have a subscription yet, you can get one here.
Allow the installation
- On your Android box, open Settings and go to Security & restrictions.
- Toggle the Unknown sources switch to enable the feature. This is required for the sideloading to be successful.
Install the downloader
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for the Downloader application.
- Select the Downloader, click Install, and wait for the application to install.
- Once the installation is complete, click Open.
Sideload the Surfshark application
- When you open the Downloader application, you will be asked for confirmation to access the files on your device. Click Allow.
- In the search box, type the application download URL address. In this case, it is the Surfshark Android download URL.
- Click Go, and the download will start. Wait for the download to complete.
- Once the download is complete, an installation pop-up will appear. Select Install.
- Lastly, once the installation is complete, click Done, and you will find the Surfshark app in your Application list.
Congratulations! Now you know how to sideload Surfshark or any other application on your Android box or Android TV.
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: