This guide will show you how to use the mini mode on the Windows Surfshark application.
With the 2.6.2 version of the Surfshark app, you may have noticed that the Mini mode is no longer available. It was replaced with Surfshark’s fully functional system tray app.
If you're not sure what the system tray on your Windows is, it's the small box at the end of your desktop toolbar where various applications and processes appear to access them faster.
You can open the system tray by clicking a white arrow at the end of the toolbar. Likely you will see Wi-Fi, anti-virus, and some other icons stored there. So here’s how you can use Surfshark’s system tray app.:
- At first, to see the Surfshark in the system tray, you will need to start the Surfshark app. Once Surfshark is running, you can close the main app window. Gray Surfshark icon will show up in the system tray.
- For your convenience, you can click and drag it to the toolbar.
This way, it will be accessible even quicker.
- If you right-click once on this icon, the minimized Surfshark app will show up. By default, you will only see the button to connect to the fastest server. However, below you will find an option to personalize your minimized app. Click on Personalize.
- Now you will see a list of settings/features that you can import to your minimized app. Check the box on the right of your chosen functions and click Save.
- For example, you can import the list of recent locations, also the Kill Switch and Auto-connect features. Click Save.
- Our chosen features (Recent locations, Kill Switch, and the CleanWeb) will now appear on the minimized app.
- When you connect to one of Surfshark’s servers, the Surfshark icon will turn green, indicating that you have successfully connected.
If you click the underscore, the app will return to the system tray.
If you click the square, you will open the full-size Surfshark app.
Lastly, if you click the X, the app will close and stop running.
We hope this guide has answered your questions about Surfshark’s system tray app.If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over a live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: