This guide will show you how to disable IPv6 address support on your macOS device manually.
This method can help if you have connection issues or your IP or DNS are leaking with Surfshark.
- Click the Apple logo and then System Preferences...
- On the preferences window, click Network.
- Select the first network connection you see listed on the left-hand side (usually Ethernet or Wi-Fi), then click the Advanced button.
- Go to the TCP/IP tab at the top. Besides Configure IPv6, set it to Off. If you do not have this option, select Link-local Only.
- Click OK to apply changes. If you connect to a different network type (Wi-Fi, for example), repeat this process with the new network.
Congratulations - you have successfully disabled IPv6 on your macOS device!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: