This guide will show you how to disable IPv6 address support on your macOS device manually.
- Click the Apple logo and then System Preferences...
- On the preferences window, click Network.
- Select the first network connection you see listed on the left-hand side (usually Ethernet or Wi-Fi), then click the Advanced button.
- Go to the TCP/IP tab at the top. Besides Configure IPv6, set it to Off. If you do not have this option, select Link-local Only.
- Click OK to apply changes. If you connect to a different network type (Wi-Fi, for example), repeat this process with the new network.
Congratulations - you have successfully disabled IPv6 on your macOS device!
You may also be interested in: