At first, you will need to get Surfhark service credentials. Those are the credentials, different from the ones that you use to log in to our website or the app. To find them, go to the login page of our website, here https://account.surfshark.com/ and log in.
Once you log in, go to Devices -> Manual, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will find your service credentials there.
1. First, open Apple's App Store, and download OpenVPN Connect client. You can get it here.
2. Once the app is installed, download one or more of the OpenVPN configurations files from the manual connection page.
Choose the Recommended server to connect to your optimal location. To download the selected file, just press on a grey arrow pointing downwards.
3. You will need to unzip the compressed configuration files that you have downloaded.
iPhone: extract the zip files straight to your iPhone using extractor apps.
PC: use PC as an alternative way to the extract files. Afterward, share the extracted files to your iOS device (via an email client or cloud services).
4. Now open the OpenVPN application on your phone. Tap on the OVPN Profile to continue.
4. Click 'ADD' to import the .ovpn file.
5. As your Username and Password, use the Surfshark service credentials that you have collected at the beginning of this guide.
Mark the password to be saved in the keychain and then press Add.
6. Once you've added the profile, connect. You may be prompted to agree that you trust the service, if so - do not hesitate to accept it.
7. Check if your connection is secure according to this article.
Customer Success Sharks work 24/7. Contact us if you have more questions.