This article will show you how to disable IPv6 on your Android device.
Currently, Surfshark does not support IPv6 addresses. Therefore, we recommend disabling IPv6 as it may cause connectivity issues.
This method will disable IPv6 support on your mobile data network. Unfortunately, it is not possible to disable IPv6 through Wi-Fi network settings on an Android device.
You will need an Android device running Android 5.0 or later and an active Surfshark subscription. If you don’t have the subscription yet, you can get it here.
Please do mind that your Android graphical interface might be slightly different from the screenshots.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on Network and Internet.
- Tap on Mobile network.
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced.
- Tap on Access point names.
- Tap on your current mobile network.
- You will need to select the IPv4 option in both APN protocol and APN roaming protocol.
- Tap on APN protocol and select IPv4. Do the same for APN roaming protocol as well.
Congratulations - you have successfully disabled IPv6 on your Android mobile network!
You may also be interested in: