Follow the steps below in order to turn off the IPv6 on your Android device.
Note that IPv6 can only be turned off on mobile data networks, but not on Wi-Fi.
If you're not sure what is IPv6 and why you should disable it, read more here.
The tutorial was made using Google Pixel 3 XL phone. Due to the software customization of different phone manufacturers, the graphic interface on your end might be slightly different.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Go to the Network and Internet tab
- Tap the Mobile network button (doesn't look like a button, but it is)
- Scroll down and go to the Advanced tab
- Find the Access point names tab. It might be named as APN as well.
- Click on your current mobile network.
- Scroll down until you find 2 tabs - APN protocol and APN roaming protocol. Open APN protocol at first.
- Choose the IPv4 option.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the APN roaming protocol.
The IPv6 is now turned off on your mobile network and will not be interfering with our VPN.
If something is not going according to the tutorial, feel free to contact our Customer Success Sharks anytime - they will help you out!