This guide will help you make an exception for Surfshark on the Avast antivirus application.
Sometimes antivirus software might be interfering with VPN background processes and block the connection.
Making an exception for Surfshark will help to prevent possible conflicts and interruptions between these two applications.
- Launch the Avast app and click the Menu button in the top-right corner.
- Go to the Settings section.
- Open the Exceptions tab.
- Click the Add exception button.
- Choose the Browse option to locate the Surfshark folder.
- Navigate to the Surfshark folder. Default location for Surfshark is This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86).
- In the Program Files (x86) folder find and check the Surfshark folder. Click OK.
- Now the Surfshark application is excluded from Avast scans. Restart your device to apply these changes.
Congratulations - you have successfully created an exception in the Avast Antivirus application on your device!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: