Sometimes Anti-virus software might be interfering with VPN background processes and block the connection.
In such situations, the best solution is to make an exception for VPN software to prevent it from being scanned and interrupted by anti-virus.
Most decent anti-virus apps have this option, and Avast has it as well.
Here is how you can make an exception for the whole Surfshark folder.
- Launch the Avast app and click the Menu button in the top-right corner.
- Go to the Settings section.
- Open the Exceptions tab.
- Click the Add exception button.
- Choose the Browse option, because you will need to find the Surfshark folder.
- Navigate to the Surfshark folder. You will find it if you go to This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86)
- In the Program Files (x86) folder find and check the Surfshark folder.
- Now the Surfshark is "whitelisted" from Avast scans. Reboot your PC to apply these changes.
That's it, now the exception has been made for the Surfshark app and it will not be interfering with Avast antivirus.
If something is not going according to the guide, feel free to contact our Customer Success sharks and they will help you out!