This tutorial will show you how to enable 2FA (two-factor authentication) on your Surfshark account for multiple users. This method can be very beneficial if you are sharing your Surfshark account with your family members.
Once you set up 2FA on your account, any other people will not be able to log into your account, as the 2FA code is only being sent to you. Follow the steps below to learn how to give additional people access to your account even when 2FA is enabled.
Don't have a subscription yet? Get Surfshark here!
- Firstly, open your Surfshark account settings through a browser by clicking here.
- Click on Edit in the Two-factor authentication section.
- Click on Turn off 2FA
- Confirm the pop-up by pressing Yes I'm sure.
- Make sure that all of your family members that wish to use Surfshark have downloaded the Google Authenticator app on their mobile devices. You can also follow our guide on how to enable 2FA.
- Click Turn on 2FA.
When the pop-up with a QR code shows up, click the red bubble on your Google Authenticator app and choose the “Scan a barcode” option. Then your phone's camera app will open. Point it to the QR code, the application will automatically register it, and a new authentication profile will be created.
- Scan the same QR code with the phones of other family members.
Lastly, download or make a screenshot of the recovery codes. Recovery codes will be necessary if you lose your phone or accidentally delete the Authentication app.
Congratulations! Now you know how to set up 2FA on multiple devices!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: