This tutorial will show you how to enable 2FA (two-factor authentication) on your Surfshark account for multiple users.
Don't have a subscription yet? Get Surfshark here.
- Firstly, open your Surfshark Account Settings through a browser by clicking here.
- Click on Edit in the Two-factor authentication section.
- Click on Turn off 2FA
- Confirm the pop-up by pressing Yes I'm sure.
- Make sure that all of your family members that wish to use Surfshark have downloaded the Google Authenticator app on their mobile devices. You can also follow our guide on how to enable 2FA.
- Click Edit again, and select your preferred security method.
When the pop-up with a QR code shows up, click the red bubble on your Google Authenticator app and choose the “Scan a barcode” option. Then your phone's camera app will open. Point it to the QR code, the application will automatically register it, and a new authentication profile will be created.
- Scan the same QR code with the phones of other family members.
Lastly, download or make a screenshot of the recovery codes. Recovery codes will be necessary if you lose your phone or accidentally delete the Authentication app.
Congratulations! Now you know how to set up 2FA on multiple devices!
You may also be interested in: