So you’re sharing your Surfshark account with your family, but also want to enable 2FA for multiple users? No worries, there is a way to do that. We recommend using the Google Authenticator app for this specific purpose.
If you have already enabled the 2FA on your account, but other family members are no longer allowed to log in, follow steps below to grant access to your account to other family members.
If you have not enabled the 2FA yet, proceed to the third step.
- Go to this page.
- Click Edit in the Two-factor-authentication section.
- Click Turn off 2FA
- Confirm this action.
- Make sure that all family members who wish to use Surfshark have downloaded the Google Authenticator app to their phones. You can also follow our guide on how to enable 2FA.
- Click Turn on 2FA.
- Choose the preferred authentication method (Authentication app in this case)
- When the pop-up with QR code shows up, click the red bubble in your Google Authenticator app and choose the “Scan a barcode” option. Then your phone camera app will open, point it to the QR code, the application will automatically register it and a new authentication profile will be created.
- Scan the same QR code with the phones of other family members.
- Download or make a screenshot of Recovery Codes. Recovery codes will be necessary if you lose your phone or accidentally delete the Authentication app.
Great, now all family members have access to use this Surfshark account!